Huntington National Bank is a well-known bank holding company that is an affiliate to Huntington Bancshares Incorporated. It is listed as the 39th largest banking institution within the United States and 524th on the Fortune 500 list. The bank is renowned for having more than 9000 banking branches across the nation. Huntington Bank offers its financial services to customers for both personal and business needs. The process of opening and managing your account at Huntington Bank is simple.
If you’ve recently been given the Huntington Debit card for your bank account, you are able to effortlessly use it to make purchase online or offline and transactions. However, before you can use your Huntington card for carrying out transactions, you will need to activate the Huntington card at huntington.com/activate.
Guide to Activate Huntington Card at Huntington.com/activate
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the home page of Huntington Bank (https://www.huntington.com/).
- When you arrive on page one of Huntington Bank, you will have to click the Login option that is located in the upper right corner in the upper-right corner. The dropdown menu for Login will be shown at the top of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, you must choose from the available options such as Personal and Business Commercial, Personal & Business and Other. If you’re an individual customer, you’ll have to choose the Personal & Business
- After that, you’ll be directed to enter your password to login (Username and password) in the fields provided and then click login.
- Note: If you’ve lost your username or password or are not created an account online You can select one of the available options on the screen: Forgot username? Forgot password? New To Online Banking?
- After you have logged in to your account online Go into The Customer Service tab located at the top of the page.
- Next, choose then the Card Services option and click on the Activate My Debit Card.
- Then, type in the 2-digit security code in the area on the screen. This code is located on the reverse on your credit card.
- After you’ve entered the information required into the required field Click on Activate. The Huntington debit card is be activated and you’ll be capable of using it for payments and purchases.
These steps can help you enable the Huntington debit card with ease but should you find that due to any reason, you aren’t able to utilize the method (due to an error on the internet) then you should look into activating it over the phone. To learn what steps you need to take to enable the Huntington debit card via phone, follow the steps given below.
The process of activating an Huntington Debit Card on Your Phone (Mobile App)
There are two methods you can activate the debit account from your smartphone. The first method of activating the card requires you to install access to the Huntington Mobile application on your smartphone, while the alternative is to dial (800) the 480-2265 number. Call that number, and you will be able to follow on-call instructions for the complete activation procedure. The time to activate your phone is 06:00 am to midnight ET (Daily).
- To enable your newly-created Huntington debit card with your smartphone application it is necessary to open the Huntington Mobile application and then sign into your account.
- After you have logged in to the application, you’ll have to select the More option and choose Manage Cards
- After that, you’ll be required to choose the card and then enter the 3-digit code into the appropriate fields. You will find the code on the reverse of the debit card.
- Then, you’ll be required to follow the prompts on screen to complete the activation procedure.
Other methods to activate your Huntington Debit Card
Another way for activating the Huntington debit card involves visiting the nearest Huntington ATM station. You simply swipe the card into the machine and follow the instructions displayed on the screen for the complete activation procedure. Alternatively, you could go to the closest location to Huntington bank.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate your Huntington card at huntington.com/activate.
What exactly is what is an EMV chip?
The EMV chip acts as a chip that is embedded in your debit card or credit card that offers an additional layer of protection. When you complete a transaction with an EMV chip, your purchase is verified by an electronic chip and an individual transaction number. Magnetic strips that were utilized in the past on debit and credit cards utilize unchanging data which can be easily replicated. The widespread usage of EMV chips helps make payments more secure and fraud difficult. The chip in your debit card will ensure that your personal and account details are kept as safe as it is possible.
To make use of your EMV chip at stores simply put your card in the reader. Certain retailers might not have the latest chip reader. In this scenario, swipe your card with its magnetic strip.
Huntington Customer Service
If you require any kind of assistance or have any questions about this process of activation, contact the customer service rep.
To find their support telephone number, you can do this
- Go to their website at https://www.huntington.com/customer-service/contact-us
- Find the number and make a phone call.
The agent will help you with your issue.
Commonly asked questions (FAQs)
How do I activate my Huntington card?
Visit the official website to log in to your account. Then, go to Customer Service > Card Services>Activate My Card. Enter the three-digit security code located on the inside of the debit card. Then select “Activate”.
How long does it need to be to make the activation process?
The process of activating a new credit card is expected to take between 45 and 60 minutes.
How do I create my Huntington card’s PIN?
To change the PIN for the Visa Debit Card, call toll-free at 1-800-992-3808.
Can I cancel my Huntington credit card prior to activating it?
Yes. However, the account you closed will remain as a credit score.
Can closing my credit card affect my score on credit?
Yes. The closing of your credit card can affect the credit rating (for the duration of a period of time). However, making sure you pay off your credit cards will boost your credit rating.