Activate Kanopy on Roku, Samsung TV, Android TV, or smart TV via www.kanopy.com/tv. Kanopy is a great option for those who prefer streaming on-demand services.
Enjoy free access to more than 35,000 old documentary films, feature-length movies, and educational programs on your device, whether it’s a computer or mobile.
With Criterion, PBS, and Kino Lorber, Kanopy boasts an impressive collection of international, independent documentaries and older films.
Activate Kanopy on Roku at www.kanopy.com/tv
- Follow these simple steps to enable the Kanopy application via www.kanopy.com/tv on Roku:
- Start Roku and go to the main screen, and type in Kanopy’s name into the box for searching.
- Once you have done that, the application will appear on your screen and invite you to download it.
- To add the app or channel on your phone, click the “Add channel” button.
- Press the “Go to Channel” button for a return to the main screen.
- A four-digit Kanopy activation code produced by the software will be displayed.
- You will also receive an official link to activate the code (http://www.kanopy.com/hyperlink).
- Save the code, copy the link onto a new smartphone, or input it.
- Then, on your device, enter the code: www.kanopy.com/tv. If prompted, type in your credentials to complete the activation process.
- Make sure that the device is connected to the Wi-Fi networks of your Roku.
- What is the best way to view Kanopy on Roku?
- To download the Kanopy application via kanopy.com/link on your Roku device, visit the Streaming Channels and then Search Channels > Search for “Kanopy” on your Roku homepage screen.
- Include Kanopy as a channel in the Kanopy application.
- On the Roku’s home screen Look for the Kanopy channel.
- If you’re stuck, you can follow Roku’s channel-adding guidelines for assistance.
- When you first start the Kanopy application, you’ll have two options when you first launch the app. If you’re a new user, you can click “Get started” to create an account.
- If you’ve already got an existing Kanopy account and are a return user, then you need to complete the Kanopy sign-in. To do this, select “Log in.”
- After logging in successfully, you will be able to stream every show available through your Kanopy subscription on your Roku device.
Create a Kanopy account.
- Go to franklinsquarepl.kanopy.com to sign up for a Kanopy account, or go to kanopy.com and search for the Franklin Square Public Library under “Find Your Library.”
- Then, select “Add Library Card” and input your library’s barcode.
- Please enter your email address, name, and password. You can also use Google or Facebook to sign up and complete the registration process.
- Manage your profile information, your watchlist, recently watched films, your comments, and more on the Dashboard.
Activate Kanopy on Amazon’s Fire TV or FireStick at kanopy.com/link
- If you are wondering, “Is the Kanopy game available on Firestick?” Then the answer is yes.
- Below are the steps needed for installing, activating, and then watching Kanopy shows on your device:
- On the other hand, to open Amazon Fire TV, press the home icon using the Amazon Fire TV remote.
- Search Kanopy via the search bar by using the virtual keyboard provided on the screen. Then, install the application.
- When you launch the Kanopy application on the Fire TV, you will be given an activation key along with instructions for activation.
- If, however, you are asked to sign in to the app, be sure you sign in to your account to get the activation code.
- After that, you can open an internet browser on your phone or computer and then go to the page to activate Kanopy by using the URL: kanopy.com/tv.
- Visit the activation page and paste the activation number that you took from your TV screen in the box, and then press Next.
- The next screen will appear, and you will be prompted to complete the activation procedure to enable Kanopy for Fire TV. You will then be able to use the Kanopy app on your Amazon Fire TV.
Activate Kanopy on Android TV at kanopy.com/link
- Follow this guide on how to download Kanopy on Android TV via the link code at kanopy.com and how to activate it:
- Start Android TV and then go to the Play Store and search for Kanopy, and then press to install.
- You’ll have to go back to your Android TV’s homepage screen to look up the application.
- Locate it, and then open the application. This will produce a number to activate.
- Before leaving the screen to go get your phone, make a note of the 4-digit number.
- On another device, visit kanopy.com/tv to enter the code.
- Then press Next and follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Complete the necessary information and finish the process quickly.
Activate Kanopy on Chromecast at kanopy.com/link
- Catch Kanopy on Chromecast.
- Utilizing the Android and iOS apps
- Before you cast, make sure you check the following points:
- Your Chromecast device is linked to the same WiFi networks as your tablet or smartphone.
- You have a valid library membership, and you’re logged in to the Kanopy application on your tablet or smartphone.
- Choose the Chromecast device to connect to your television by pressing Cast” or the “Cast” button located in the upper right-hand part of the display. “Ready for Casting” will show on the TV screen once the connection has been established.
- Watch a film on the app, and it will be shown on your TV’s screen through Chromecast.
- Watch Kanopy using Chromecast from your PC.
- Before casting Before casting, make sure to double-check the following:
- You’re using a computer attached to the same WiFi connection as the Chromecast device and using Google’s Chrome browser.
- If you have an active library membership and you’re logged in to the account you have created on your Kanopy account,
- To cast your Kanopy subscriptions from your computer onto your TV:
- To open the options for video players, play the film.
- The icon of the cast will show in the lower right-hand corner.
- The film will start playing on your TV upon selecting the cast icon and then selecting the Chromecast device.
- Keep in mind that this symbol will only be visible when you’re using Chrome.
Activate Kanopy on the Apple TV at kanopy.com/link
Find out how you can install and enable Kanopy for Apple TV via the kanopy.com/link code and follow the instructions in the following:
- Visit the App Store from your home screen.
- Click on the search box and type in the app’s name. For example, Kanopy.
- On the screen, the app should be visible.
- You must click on “Get.”
- This channel is added to the Apple TV device because of this action.
- The app must be launched after it’s been installed by clicking on it.
- A four-digit number will appear. It is an activation number, which you need to keep.
- You must click immediately to activate your account so as not to waste time.
- Visit www.kanopy.com/link to enter the code into your phone or computer.
- This screen will prompt you to enter your code. You need to enter the code into the correct field.
- You must ensure that you don’t make mistakes while you enter the codes.
- To complete the process, press the Next button.
View Kanopy via Apple TV via Airplay:
- Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (activate.apple.com) are incompatible with the Kanopy application (4th generation).
- To download the application, you need to visit the Apple TV’s App Store, then look up Kanopy, and then install it.
- When you start the Kanopy application, you’ll be presented with two options:
- If you’re a first-time user, click “Get started” to register an account.
- In the event that you already have an existing Kanopy account and are a frequent user, click “Log in.”
- Once you’ve logged in, you’ll view your subscription and be able to watch Kanopy on the air.
- Watch Kanopy through AirPlay from your television.
- Kanopy is available to view through Airplay in the event that you own an old Apple TV. To access it, you must take these steps:
- Choose a movie in the Kanopy iOS app and then play it.
- On the right-hand side of the display, press the Airplay icon.
- Choose which Apple TV you would like to connect.
- Choose “Done” from your iOS device when the movie plays on your television.
- Subtitles and closed captions (if provided) can be managed using the icon just to the right of the Airplay icon.
- Select the Airplay icon once more and choose the mobile phone you want to switch off Airplay on.
What Roku devices can I use to watch Kanopy?
- Kanopy will be available to be played on any Roku device that is receiving software updates and is fully supported by Roku.
- If you’re unsure if your device is getting updates, head to Settings > System > About on your Roku.
- Kanopy will work on your device if the software version displayed at this point is 7.7.0 or greater.
How do I enter the code for linking?
- Visit www.kanopy.com/link or click “Link to Your Device” on the Kanopy iOS or Android application to input your linking code.
- You’ll be asked to sign in if you’re not already signed in before you can input the password.
- Kanopy is a library partner that offers you access to films.
- Before you connect your device to your computer, ensure your sound library is available on the account you have created with your Kanopy account.
Where are the settings?
- Click to the right of the top menu to gain access to the Kanopy app’s settings.
- To access the Settings screen, you must use Roku’s Roku control.
- You can change the library you’re a part of, verify your account’s information, or exit the app using Settings.
What’s the procedure to gain access to my members?
- To see a listing of all your subscriptions, visit the channel settings and then press “*” on the remote.
- To access the content of a subscription (denoted in green) via your Roku Select it from the menu.
- To load your screen again To do this, open the Settings menu and choose Home.
Can I connect several Kanopy accounts at the same time on my Roku?
- Anytime, you can only link one Kanopy account to your Roku.
- Follow the instructions to log off from your Roku account if you’d like access to another account.
Is it possible to connect the Roku account to multiple devices?
Yes! You can add as many Roku devices as you’d like to your existing account.
What’s the best way to go about logging into my account?
- From the menu at the top, click Settings, followed by “Log Out” under “My Library.” To confirm, click OK.
- Choose “Link device.” Follow the instructions on the screen to link your account or an alternative account.
What’s the best way to go about getting closed captions or subtitles?
- While the movie is playing, click “*” on the Roku remote.
- “Captions Mode” will be highlighted across the monitor.
Hit the OK button on the remote while it is highlighted to the point that “On always” appears. To save and close the caption options, scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Close.”
If you’re having trouble viewing closed captions on your Roku, ensure that you’ve installed the latest version of the software.
Where can I access my watchlist?
- You can navigate into “My Lists” from the Kanopy main screen.
- Switch between the “Continue Watching” and “Watchlist” tabs and scroll down.
- In the “Watchlist section,” you’ll see the movies you’ve added to your Watchlist.
How do I determine the number of play credits I’ve left?
- It will show the amount of credit remaining throughout the month on the upper right edge of your TV’s screen.
- Find out more about how credits for the play are used.
What’s the best method to find films I’ve watched?
- Go through “My Lists” from the Kanopy main screen.
- For switching between the “Continue Watching” and “Watchlist” tabs, scroll down.
- In “Continue Watching,” you’ll watch all the films that you’ve started but not finished.
I’m not able to view the sidebar since the screen is removed. What do I have to do?
- Adjust the aspect ratio and size of the picture in your TV settings.
- If the option to adapt the screen is present on your television, choose it.
- In other cases, you can select the aspect ratio of your TV from the options.
Can I utilize Kanopy on Roku without an account with the library?
- You’ll need a Kanopy account connected to a library of subscribers to view the movies on Kanopy.
- Find out whether your library is a member.
Which Apple TV devices can I connect to Kanopy?
- Kanopy is only available on smartphones that have access to the app store (4th generation Apple TV and newer).
- At a minimum, your device should be running, at the very least, tvOS 10.2.
What features are available on the Dashboard, and how do I gain access to the Dashboard’s features?
- This Apple TV app will allow you to see Your Watchlist or Membership Details.
- You can access the Settings menu located near the top to do so.
- Press to select Menu on the remote if you do not see this area.
Can I connect my account to more than one Apple TV?
Yes! You can link as many Apple TVs to your account as you want.
What’s the best way to go about logging into my account?
Choose “Sign in with my Kanopy account” from the Settings menu.
How do I know if an upcoming film is closed-captioned?
If the film’s title has closed captioning, “CC” will appear under the title and just to the left of the star rating on the information page.
What’s the process for getting closed captions or subtitles?
- While the film is playing, tap down on the trackpad on the remote.
- A menu will be displayed on the top of the TV’s screen, including a captions and subtitles section. Click on this section to enable captions as well as subtitles.
Can I utilize Kanopy with Apple TV if I don’t have an account with libraries?
You’ll need a Kanopy account connected to a subscriber-only library to view the movies on Kanopy. Find out whether your library is part of it.