Programming without a computer is not the same as a learning experience. Practice gives you experience, while learning gives you knowledge. You may not have a computer or laptop for many reasons. In my case it was money. I worked hard to earn the money I needed to get the laptop.
Although I don’t understand why you are interested in learning programming, there are many people who do so to make a difference in their lives. It is up to you to discover why you want to program. Below is the answer to your question. It tells you if learning programming without a PC is beneficial and if so, what are its benefits and drawbacks.
Why and why not?
I hope you found the reason you are interested in learning to program.
You don’t need a computer in order to learn to program. In fact, you could also learn programming using a tablet or a laptop to create your next project. You will need to show programming skills. Programming is a problem-solving skill that can only be learned through practice.
Learning does not mean gaining experience. While learning gives you knowledge, practice gives you experience that will help you solve problems.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages to learning programming without a laptop or computer.
Learning programming with a computer is a great way to learn
You may be short on time but have a laptop or computer. However, you want to learn to program for future use or pass the exam.
In this situation, there are some benefits to learning programming without a computer.
- Pass your exam!
- It is better to learn programming in your spare time than waste it.
- You can learn programming basics.
- Programming is a way to improve cognitive memory.
- You can tell a friend that you are learning programming.
These are the main advantages I found. Let’s now look at some of the drawbacks to learning programming without a machine.
The disadvantages of learning programming without a computer
The computer is the main machine in programming.
This main machine is essential for programming and can lead to many of the disadvantages listed below.
- It is impossible to test whether your code works or not.
- Programming is a skill that can only be learned through practice.
- You can cancel your plans to become a programmer in the near future. This will waste all your knowledge and time. However, you must have passed the exam.
- Without a computer, you can’t create any type of project.
- It is possible that you have forgotten the rules and programming language for your computer’s purchase plans.
- Perhaps you are bored with learning programming without a PC.
These were the disadvantages of learning programming on a laptop or without a computer.
Useful Apps To Learn Coding
You can find some great apps that can help you learn programming and coding.
These apps are useful:
Google developed the app and it includes features like:
* Use visual puzzles to improve your problem-solving skills, and strengthen your coding concepts
* Get real-time feedback as a teacher
* Acquire achievements while you learn new skills
KHAN Academy: Khan Academy offers many courses for free in many areas, including computer science. Khan Academy will teach you using interactive exercises and expert-created videos.
CODECADEMY Go: Codecademy helps you to review and practice what is taught online, from anywhere.
Codecademy helps you to:
* Learn a new way of practicing coding syntax.
Daily flashcards help you remember more and are easy to skim.
* You can review whenever you want. You can leave the desktop.
* Get advice from industry experts on how to use your skills in your daily life.
* Keep track of your progress and keep track of your streaks.
You can use the Mimo app to:
* Solve bite-size coding challenges
Our mobile IDE allows you to code on the move and create real-world projects.
* Code challenges to practice
* Create a portfolio of projects such as apps or websites
* Receive a certificate to show off your programming skills
- Programming Hub
- Pattern Programming (C++, Java, Python)
You can also use other apps like Enki, Programming Hero and Programming Hub. These apps can be used to help you learn to code.
5 Ways to learn coding without a computer
These are temporary solutions. You can use them as a starting point, but eventually you will need a system/PC to learn serious programming.
There are many ways to learn programming without a computer:
- Use your phone
- Reading books
- Use the library
- Register for education
Let’s take a closer look at the items and discuss how to learn code even if you don’t have a computer.
Use your phone
This is not a good long-term solution. Writing a lot of code on a mobile phone can cause severe burns. This will make an already stressful situation even more difficult. There are many great applications. These applications are fantastic at teaching syntax and allow for you to learn the basics.
- Code Academy
HackerRank and Leetcode offer many small challenges that don’t require much code. Sololearn works the same way and you can compete against other programmers for small tasks.
Udemy and Code Academy offer course material that you can access via your mobile device. This is a slight difference from Code Academy and Udemy. You can take a course from your mobile app and learn wherever you are.
Games are a great way to encourage children, especially if they are young. These games can be used to teach students functions and help them develop their sequential reasoning skills. Robot Turtlesis an excellent board game that utilizes coding cards and turtles moving about a board to help students learn.
Another LEGO- and the paper-based game is also available. The LEGO maze introduces students loops and conditionals and teaches them how to set and follow commands.
Books are an excellent resource when you’re learning programming. They take you away from the practical stuff and allow you to learn more. They can help you understand the core concepts of most languages. You should try:
- HeadFirst Python Programming This Python-focused version is perfect for back-end developers. This will give you a solid understanding of the language, and allow you to make some projects.
Use the library
Libraries in most countries offer free access to computers. Although you can still learn some basic coding concepts with a computer, it is highly recommended that you spend some time on a computer or laptop.
This will enable you to apply the knowledge you have gained. Although a for loop might seem simple, it is easy to miss out syntax at the beginning. Even if you don’t have VS Code, sneaking to the library can be a great way to practice.
Register for education
If you don’t have a computer at home, I recommend that you sign up for some type of further education. You need to be able to access a laptop, regardless of whether it is a local community college or an unassigned course.
Many school and university IT classes offer access to computers as part of their curriculum. Many schools have computer labs that you can access after hours.