FYI, also known as fyi, is one of America’s most beloved basic cable channels. A&E Network owns FYI through a joint venture partnership with Hearst Communications. The Disney Media Networks subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company also owns it.
The channel features lifestyle programming, including a mixture of cooking, home renovations and makeovers. Although the channel is accessible on many cable systems, satellite and IPTV, it can only be accessed on Roku devices.
To access the channel, download and install the FYI app from the Roku channel stores and then activate the channel via fyi.tv/activate. You can read this post to learn how to activate FYI TV on Roku.
Activate FYI TV channel on Roku at fyi.tv/activate
- You will need to first turn on the Roku device.
- After turning on your Roku device, and verifying that it is connected with your TV and Internet network correctly, press the Homeicon key on your Roku remote. You will be directed to either the main screen or home screen of your Roku devices by pressing this button.
- Once you’re on the Roku home screen, scroll to the bottom to access the Streaming Channels section. You will be taken directly to the Roku Channel Store.
- You will need to find the FYI application once you’re in the Roku Channel Store. This application is either found in the list of categories or by using the search function. You will need FYI in the search box. Click the search icon. Next, select the FYI app from the search result and press the search icon to go to the preview.
- Once you’re on the FYI application preview page, you need to click the Add channel and follow the prompts for installation. Once you have done that, the FYI app will be downloaded to your Roku device.
NOTICE: For free applications, you’ll need to choose the Add Channel choice. You will need to choose the Get option if you want to install a paid app. In the event that you have enabled the feature when configuring your Roku device you will most likely be asked for a PIN.
- After installing the FYI channel on your Roku device, return to the home screen to open the app from the list.
- You will be asked to sign in to your FYI app using your service provider’s login credentials. After you have signed in successfully, an activation key will appear on your screen. This activation code should be copied.
- Once you have your activation code, it is necessary to open a browser on a new computer or mobile device. To open the URL, type activate into the address bar.
- You will be directed to FYI channel activation page once the URL opens in your web browser. You will need to choose your device from this option. To activate FYI app on Roku, for example, you’ll need to choose ROKU.
- When you choose the ROKU option you will be prompted for your TV provider. If your TV isn’t listed in the options, you can select it from the dropdown menu.
These are the steps you need to take to activate the FYI TV channel www.fyi.tv/activate to your Roku.
Activate FYI TV channel on Amazon Fire TV at fyi.tv/activate
To start watching FYI TV on your Fire TV, first make sure that your device is connected to the internet. There are a few different ways to do this – you can either use the built-in Wi-Fi or Ethernet, or you can connect an external antenna if you’re using the Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation).
- Once your device is connected, open the Amazon Fire TV app. You can either search for “FYI TV” in the App Store, or you can use these steps:
- From the Home screen, select Apps
- Scroll to the bottom and select Search
- Type “FYI TV” into the search bar and press Enter
- Select the FYI TV app and press Install
Once the app is installed, open it and select Get Started. You’ll need to activate it before watching it. After all processes, you will get the activation code of FYI TV. Log on to fyi.com/activate and enter your code.
Enjoy your show.
Activate FYI TV channel on Apple TV at fyi.tv/activate
If you have an Apple TV, then you can activate FYI TV. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Go to the App Store and download the FYI TV app.
2) Launch the app and select “activate.”
3) As you get the activation code, log on to fyi.tv/activate and enter your code to activate FYI tv on Apple TV.