BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, often referred to as BCBST, is the largest health insurance provider in Tennessee. The company is run by the board of directors; it’s an independent and non-profit company.
BCBST offers a variety of health plans, including individual and family plans, employer-based and group plans, Medicare plans, dental and vision plans, Medicare and Medicaid programs, and much more.
If you’ve purchased health insurance from BCBST and would like to know how to make the most of your BCBST account, visit bcbst.com/activate and follow the steps below.
Activate your BCBST account by visiting bcbst.com/activate.
Before you follow the steps for activating the BCBST accounts on bcbst.com/activate, ensure you have your account number, subscriber ID, and group ID available. You’ll need to provide these details to activate your account.
Notification: You can find the subscriber ID as well as the group number in the ID that BCBST issues. BCBST. If you do not have the ID card, you can contact BCBST customer service for details.
- Visit the BCBST activation page at bcbst.com/activate.
- Click the Get Started button. In case you already have an account, click the Log In Here button.
- Next, you must enter the subscriber’s ID and group number, date of birth, and zip code into the fields, and then click next.
- Also, you must provide the necessary details for your Name Verification procedure. secure account setup Then, click Choices for Communication Steps.
- If you follow the instructions, After you follow the instructions, you will be prompted to follow the steps, and your BCBST account will be activated.
How to Contact BCBST for Assistance
For assistance in resolving any issues regarding BCBST or any other issues related to the BCBST account, you may use the following contact options:
- Family and Individual Contact: 1-800-565-9140, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. ET (Monday through Friday). TTY/YB users can connect through the Tennessee Relay Service at: 1-800-848-0298.
- Medicare Present BlueElite SM Members: 1-800-553-8158 Current BlueAdvantage SM members: 1-800-831-2583 Present BlueEssential SM Members: 1-888-851-2583 Users using TTY should call 711.
- Medicaid (BlueCare): 1-800-468-9698 08:00 AM–6:30 PM ET (Monday through Friday) TTY users: 711.
- TennCare Select: 1 800 263 5479; TTY Users: 711
- Medicare that includes Medicaid (BlueCare Plus): 1 800 332 24/7 Nurseine; 1 888 747 8951 TTY Users: 711.
How do I obtain an updated card for my member ID?
You can obtain your brand new membership ID card by logging on to your BCBST account right here.
What can I do to correct the wrong data on my member ID?
If you want to correct the incorrect information on the member ID card, you can reach BCBST support at the appropriate number listed above.
How do I add or delete a dependent from my BCBST account?
You can move or remove the dependents from your account by contacting BCBST support.