Activate Locast at Locast.org/activate on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and other streaming devices. Follow steps to activate Locast on streaming devices.
Locast is a streaming non-profit service that provides local, over the-air (OTA), television. It is a free service that offers broadcast signals of specific markets via the internet.
Non-profit organizations offer “Translator TV stations” since the start of TV broadcasting. A translator is used to boost the signal strength of the primary broadcaster’s signal in regions that are not accessible to a receiver.
It allows the user to receive programmings like local news, weather, and many more.
Locast app lets you enjoy local broadcast channels on your iOS and Android devices. Locast is only available to those who sign up for Locast.
Find out how to create a Locast account and activate it from your smart device (iOS, Android, Roku). Below are the details.
Guide To Activate Locast App for Smart Devices at locast.org/activate
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to activate Locast services from your smart devices, such as Roku or iOS devices, Amazon devices, and Android devices.
Activating Locast App on Roku at locast.org/activate
Locast can also be activated on Roku Media Player to allow you to watch local broadcast TV. These are the steps required to do this:
- Connect your Roku Media Player to the TV by turning it on. After connecting your Roku Player to the TV, navigate to Roku Channel Store.
- To access the Roku Channel Store search section, you’ll need to enter the “Locast” keyword in the search field. In the search section, enter ” Lcast” in the search field. Finally, click the search.
- Click on the Locast link to go to the next screen. There you will find an option to add this channel to your Roku channels list.
- The next screen will display the ” +Add a Channel” button. Follow these prompts to add the channel your Roku device.
- Once you have added the channel to your device, launch it. The Locast log-in screen will appear with activation code
- Sign in using your Locast login credentials to access your Locast account. After you log in, you will have access to all Locast content.
Note – May be you need to enter the activation code at locast.org/activate at the time of lauching the app.
Activating Locast on Apple TV at locast.org/activate
Following the below instructions, you can access your Locast channel via your Apple TV.
- Select the Apple App Store app icon from the Apple TV’s menu screen. This will bring up the App Store.
- Once you are inside the App Store app go to the upper search section.
- In the Search area, enter the keyword “Locast” and press the search button. On your screen, you will see the search result.
- The Locast app will be selected from the search results. You will be redirected to the next screen after you select the Locast App from the search results. There you can choose to download or install the channel onto your iOS device.
- Next screen: Download and install Locast App on Your Apple TV.
- After you have successfully installed the app, it is time to launch it from your TV.
- After you have launched the Locast channel from your iOS device, you will need to log into your Locast account.
- Your login credentials will be used to sign in to Locast’s app for Apple TV. Once you’re logged in you can view your favorite broadcast TV channels on Locast through Apple TV.
Activate Locast on Amazon Fire TV at locast.org/activate
Amazon Fire TV can also allow you to access your Locast local broadcast TV. The instructions below will help you activate Locast App on your Amazon Fire.
- Begin by connecting your Amazon Fire TV to it. Once your Amazon Fire Player is connected to your TV, go to Amazon App Store.
- Navigate to search in the Amazon App Store. In the search section, enter the ” loc” keyword into the field. Then press the Search button.
- The next screen will display the search results. Select the Locast Channel channel to go to the next screen. There you will be able add the Locast App to your Amazon Fire.
- You will be prompted to download the channel, and then follow the prompts to add this channel to your Amazon Fire.
- Once you have done that, the app must be opened. This will bring up a Locast log in screen on your TV. The login credentials will be required to sign in to Locast.
- Once you have logged into your Locast account, it will allow you to view the Locast app’s local broadcast.
These are the steps required to activate Locast App on Android, Roku or Amazon Fire TV.
Activate Locast App on Android at locast.org/activate
These instructions will help you access Locast on Android TVs and phones.
- Go to the Google Play Storeapp Icon on your AndroidTV. This will bring up the Play Store.
- Once you have opened the Play Store app on the device, you will need the search box in the upper part.
- In the Search area, enter the keyword “Locast” and then press the search icon. On your screen, you will see the search result.
- Select the Locast App from the search result. The search result will direct you to the Locast screen. This will allow you to download and install Locast to your Android smartphone.
- You will be prompted to click on the Download button to install Locast on your device.
- After you have installed the channel on your device, launch the app. After you have opened the app on your phone, you will need to sign in to Locast.
- Sign in to the app with your Locast login details. Locast allows you to log in and start using the content.
Guide to Sign-Up for Locast Services
Locast accounts are required to access Locast’s broadcast stations. These are the steps you need to take in order to create Locast accounts.
- Locast’s homepage will be accessible from a web browser, either on your smartphone or desktop computer.
- Once you arrive at the Locast homepage, click/tap to the Registration button in the upper menu.
- When you click/tap the Register option, a small screen will appear on your screen. There you’ll find a form to complete the account registration information.
- Information you will need include your password and email address.
- After entering your password, email address, and password into the fields provided you will be prompted to click/tap the REGISTER BUTTON. Locast account will be set up.
NOTECheck the box next to Locast can send me emails about my Locast account and Locast’s service.
These instructions will guide you through activating Locast service once you have created an account with Locast.
Steps to Change the Password on Locast Account
It is easy to reset your Locast password if you have forgotten it. You can reset your Locast Account password to continue watching your favorite local TV stations.
- Locast’s homepage will be accessible through a web browser, both on your smartphone or computer.
- Once you arrive at the Locast homepage, click on or tap on Login.
- After clicking on the Login link, a small sign-in page appears on your screen. This page will provide the information you need to sign-in to your account.
- To reset your Locast account password, click on ” forgot your Password“. This will take you to next screen.
- On the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter the email address with which Locast has registered you.
- After entering your email address in this field, you will need click on the RESET PASSWORD
- Clicking on the GET NEW PASSWORD Button will open a notification to your screen. It will notify you that a password change link has been sent.
- This will allow you to access your registered email account and search the email from Locast.
- Once you find the email you need to open and click the link. Clicking on the link will open a new browser page.
- You will be asked to follow the prompts on the screen to reset your Locast account’s password.
- Once you are done changing the password on your Locast account you will be able use it on an activated device.
NOTE You should create strong passwords for your Locast accounts. It is possible that you will need to sign in using the same password as before on the Locast device from which you access Locast services.