Follow the activation steps included with the device. If you have to add your SIM card, look for instructions on the SIM packaging. You can consult the device’s user’s guide or any of our simulators to understand how to do it.
How to Activate a Verizon Prepaid Sim Card
Before you begin to activate your Verizon prepay SIM online, make sure to check whether you’re activating a 4G or a 5G SIM. For example, the use of the 4G SIM inside the 5G phone is possible; however, using a 5G SIM on a phone that supports 4G won’t. It will save you a lot of headaches once you figure this out. Also, ensure that you have inserted your SIM card into your phone correctly. After that, follow the next steps to activation.
- The first step is to connect your mobile device wirelessly with a wireless hotspot or an internet connection. After that, go to Verizon’s authentic log-in page.
- Log in using your login credentials if your account is already in place. If you do not have a new account, you can register one with your Verizon 10-digit mobile number.
- Once you’ve signed in to your account, go to the section ‘My Devices’ and click on the ‘Activations’. Then, you’ll see the Verizon activation menu, from which you’ll need to choose the option ‘Activate SIM.
- You must now choose whether you’re activating either the 4G/LTE or 5G version of your SIM. After that, you can input the SIM code. It is possible to find the SIM ID number on your SIM card or on the back of your Verizon order receipt.
- Once your SIM has been verified, you’ll be able to look through all the available plans for your monthly service. Select the plan that you like and make the payment for it through the Internet. Once you’ve completed the transaction, Verizon will send you a verification code to enable confirmation. Once you enter the code, you will be able to use your SIM, and services will begin for your mobile phone.
Alternatively, you can connect your Verizon prepay SIM via the “My Verizon application on your phone. The application is compatible with both iOS and Android phones. You must download the application through either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Activating a Verizon Prepaid SIM via Phone
If you’re not sure whether to utilize any application or online service to activate your Verizon Prepaid SIM, you can take the steps listed below.
- Insert your Verizon prepaid SIM into your phone. Make sure that your phone is turned off.
- Call the Verizon helpline at 1-877-807-446 from an alternative number. Be sure to follow the voice prompts and give all of the required information at the time you’re required to.
- After you’ve completed the phone SIM activation procedure, Proceed to power the phone on. It will be able to display SIM features on your phone (4G, LTE, and 5G).
You can activate your SIM in the official store.
To locate an authorized Verizon store close to you, check out the Verizon Store Locator website. Simply enter your name in the city, state name, or ZIP code, and you’ll be able to locate the closest Verizon store. Make sure you have your handset, SIM card, and some of your personal identification documents prior to going to the store to ensure you can get your SIM activated immediately on the spot.
How do I secure my SIM card?
You can create the SIM PIN to block unauthorized use of the SIM card on your device.
This SIM PIN is disabled by default, but you can switch it on within your device’s settings.
You’ll be asked for your PIN after you:
- Switch on your device for the very first time after entering your SIM PIN or
- Transfer the SIM card to a Verizon-authorized device in a different
I have a SIM PIN, but I’m unable to remember it. What should I do?
Visit My Verizon, go to the My Devices page on My Verizon, click on your device, and then choose your PIN or Personal Unblocking Key (PUK) to access your SIM PIN and PUK.
If you’ve entered the PIN three times without success, you’ll need your PUK online to unlock the SIM (i.e., via My Verizon, My Business Account, or Verizon Enterprise Center).
If you select a unique PIN but then forget the code for your PIN, Verizon can’t retrieve that new PIN.
What is the SIM Personal Unblocking Key (PUK)?
The PUK is needed to unlock the SIM when a non-valid PIN is entered more than three times. If the incorrect PUK is entered more than three times, your SIM card will not function and will have to be replaced.
Can I transfer an existing 3G, 4G, or 5G SIM on a certified Verizon device to one with an alternative Verizon network?
Not all activated SIMs are compatible with all devices that are on the Verizon network. You might need to change plans when the device you’re switching to requires a different plan.
Check out the chart below to see if you can transfer the SIM between devices.
If you switch the SIM card from a device that is older to a brand new one, you’ll be notified of an SMS message asking for confirmation:
“We discovered that you changed SIM cards to a different device. Review and confirm your device replacement by visiting us at go.vzw.com/SimCardActivation”.
Follow the link provided in this message to verify your device’s replacement on our site. This extra step ensures that your device is set up to connect to Verizon’s network. Verizon network.
You can also go to our Take Your Own Device page to see whether your device works with your SIM card and to explore the available pricing plans.