TikTok is used by more than one billion people every month for a variety of reasons. These include amusement, education and social interaction. The site is a viral entertainment platform that offers movie previews, sports recaps and cute animal videos.
Instead of staring at a small screen, why not use your favorite mobile apps on an even larger one? You can enjoy all the excitement of Tiktok from a larger screen at home.
TIKTOK TV GUIDE – THE STEP-BYSTEP GUIDE
There are a few ways Tiktoking can be brought to your television. You can either install the TiktokTV app on your smartphone or use screen mirroring on the big screen to show what’s on there.
TikTok TV is now available to app users via the Google Play Store. The mobile app has sections called For You, Following, Discover. The streams will be displayed vertically and not horizontally so that they don’t take up too much of your TV screen.
The TikTok TV App is only available for Android devices. It’s not available at all stores. TikTok TV is available in North America and Europe, as well as Android.
TIPS TO INSTALL TIKTOK TV ON A SMART TELEVISION
There are many options. You can download TikTok TV if you have a compatible device. The TikTok TV app is compatible with certain models of Samsung, LG and Android TV as well as Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast with Google TV.
- Open the app store on your smart TV. Download the TikTok app to your smart TV.
- Are you using an Android TV? You don’t need an Android TV to download the Tiktok App for your mobile device or computer. Visit the Google Play Store.
- After Tiktok has completed downloading to your TV, you will be able to open it by clicking Open or Launch.
- Please sign in to Tik Tok to continue. To access the platform and begin watching, you don’t need an account. Simply click Watch Now
SIGN IN TO TIKTOK ON TV USING A LINK / A QR CODE
Visiting tv.tiktok.com/activate is another simple way to begin viewing content from your TikTok feed on your TV. You can do this on any device that has an internet connection.
- To activate TikTok TV, visit https://tv.tiktok.com/activate.
- You can sign up for a new account or continue with your existing one. If you have an existing account, log in using “Login with an existing Account”.
- There are many ways to access your Tiktok Account. You can select the Use QR code option quickly and easily. You don’t need to sign up for another service like Facebook or Twitter.
- You will see a QR code on your screen. To access its contents, you’ll need a mobile device to scan it.
- TikTok can be opened on your mobile device. Do exactly what the screen says!
- Go to your profile, then click on the Find Friends link at the top.
- Choose Scan from the menu. Simply scan the QR code to sign in.
- Tap the Confirm button to confirm your login.
- The code will flash on your smart TV and activate Tik Tok, allowing you to view it on TV.
- Enter the activation code you were given. You are now signed in. Now, go to the For You page.
HOW TO CHROMECAST TIKTOK ON TV
TikTok doesn’t allow casting, unfortunately. You can share your screen with Chromecast TV if all of your devices are connected to the same network.
If your Android smartphone is
- Navigate to Settings on your mobile device (e.g. smartphone or tablet). Navigate to Bluetooth for device connection.
- Select the Cast option from your screen. The model of your device may affect the name. Allow your wireless display to see the device you will be connecting to.
- The list should include your Chromecast device. Select that option. If it isn’t there, ensure that your Chromecast device has the same Wi-Fi network access as your tablet or phone.
- Enable permissions to allow your Android smartphone mirror the screen.
If your iOS device (iPhone, iPad) is iOS,
- Make sure your Chromecast and Apple device are connected to the same network.
- Chromecast Streamer can be downloaded and installed via the App Store. If you don’t have the Tik Tok App, download it now.
- Start the Chromecast streaming application. Connect your Chromecast device. Connect the dots.
- The screen will now show you alternatives to what you should do next. Choose the Screen Mirror (TV Mirror).
- You can then change sound, resolution and screen mode. Tap to start mirroring may be enough. Next, press the Start Broadcast button.
- Next, open Tiktok. Now, the video should appear on your TV screen.
TikTok users rejoice! The app can now also be viewed on smart TVs. TikTok TV can be installed on your TV to stream Tiktok content. You can also watch Tiktok material on another device, or mirror it onto your TV.