You will need to activate your AncestryDNA Kit if you recently purchased it. Standard shipping usually delivers DNA kits within 10 business days. You can expect delivery within three days if you choose expedited shipping. Once you receive the delivery, you can activate the Ancestry DNA kit at the ancestrydna.com/activate page by following these instructions.
Guide to Activate Ancestry DNA Kit at ancestrydna.com/activate Page
Before activating the Ancestry DNA Kit (Activate), Confider the Following:
- Your Ancestry account is connected when your DNA kit is activated. In case you don’t have an Ancestry account, you can create one for free by visiting the Ancestry website (https://www.ancestry.com/).
- Keep your activation code safe until you receive your test results. Once the activation code is received, processing a DNA sample cannot begin.
- For instructions on activating a kit for your minor children, please refer to our article about activating AncestryDNA kits for your child.
- Adults who take the test must make sure that it is activated in their Ancestry account. Except for minor children, one DNA kit can only be activated per account.
- An email address is required to create an Ancestry account. If you do not have an email address or the email address you already have associated with Ancestry, you will need to create one.
To Activate the Kit
- To begin with, you will first need to click on the Ancestry DNA Kit activation page (https://www.ancestry.com/dna/activate/code) on a web browser.
- If you have already logged in, click on the Yes button. If you don’t have an account, click the option. After that, sign in to activate your DNA kits. Click on the Next.
- Next, enter the activation number in the box and click on the Next. You can find the activation number printed on your instruction packet and tube.
Note: No need to use hyphens.
- To activate a kit, click on your name then click the Next
NOTE : If you want to activate a kit for a minor child, click on the My child option and follow the instructions. If you want to activate a kit for an adult, however, you must select the Someone else option and follow the prompts.
- In the fields provided, enter your birth year, and then select Gender. Click on the Next.
- You will then need to read the DNA Processing Consent. Next, click on Review and Consent. If you don’t agree to the consent, your kit will be inactive.
- If you wish to save your sample with Ancestry you’ll need to click the I consent option. However, if it is not necessary, click the “I don’t give consent” option. Click on the Next button.
- You will then need to read the Informed Conent; choose the
NOTICE: Please note that participation or non-participation in the survey will not impact your DNA results. Click on the Next button to choose whether you want to give consent or decline.
- To view your DNA matches, click on the Yes option. To not be visible to your matches, you can click the No option. Click on the Next.
NOTE –DNA matches are people who are related. If you don’t wish to be seen by your biological relatives, click the ” ” button. If you want to be seen and viewed by your biological relatives, click the Yes button. You can change this preference at any time.
- Click on your name to let your DNA matches see your name. You can also request your Username to be visible to your DNA matches. Click on the Next.
These options will not be displayed on your screen if you have not chosen to be listed as DNA matches. If you allow others to view your entire ethnicity, cultural, and geographic origins, they can also see your Community estimate.
- To allow your DNA matches to see all regions and communities included in your ethnicity estimate, you will need to choose the ” ” option. If you want your DNA matches to only see the communities and regions you share, then you must select the ” Only show what we have in common” option. Click on the Next.
NOTICE: This option won’t appear on your screen if you have not selected to be listed as a DNA match.
- To receive updates on the status of your kit, once you have accessed the Section Notifications section you will need to click the option. If you don’t want to receive these updates, click the Non-button on the screen.
NOTE: Clicking on Yes will require you to enter your phone number into the box that appears on the screen. Then click on Next.
- Next, choose the Yes option to receive weekly emails about news and relatives based upon your DNA results. Or, you can select the No option to not receive any weekly emails.
- After you have reached the Section, review your information and click the Submit to activate.
- After this, you can check the status of the DNA kit at any time by pressing the DNA tab at the top or bottom of any page on Ancestry. Select the YourDNA Results Summary
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate the Ancestry DNA kit at the ancestrydna.com/activate page.